First knife in a while

jkf96a

I took a little time off from working on knives after the Lone Star show back in April. This knife is my "Llano Legend" model in CM154 stainless steel. Hand satin finish at 400 grit. The bolster is stabilized mountain juniper and the handle is some killer mesquite burl. I just cut up about three stumps worth of the mesquite, and I got quite a few high quality pieces. I just sent 24 blocks out for stabilization, so look for some nice mesquite knives from me in the future, and likely a few blocks in the classifieds. The sheath is my work as well. Here are the pics:
100_5790.jpg

100_5789.jpg

100_5796.jpg

100_5795.jpg

Good choice on the bolster, it picks up the highlights in the Mesquite, as well as the leather. I'm fussy that way; I think everything should work together for an overall look, and you did a great job with that.
Blade itself is beautiful, up to your normal level of execution. I look forward to your future projects with that Mesquite!

I really like your handle material choice on this one...sweet looking combination, really nice looking knife Jason.

Back