field dirk I finished

K

koyote

I don't think I'm going to repeat using the red background. ugh.

I lack the desire to complexify the thing, so simple and sweet and smooth is what you get.

Overall length is 15 1/2 inches.

Blade length is 9 1/4 inches.

Handle length inside the guard is 5 5/8 inches.

This is made of 5160 steel. Blade is .235 inches thick through the tang, then has a moderate distal taper coming forward along the blade.

Blade is single edged with a full convex grind and a reverse 1/3 convex grind that lightens it considerably without inducing flex. Blade is finished to 600 grit hand rub, for a high satin.

Handle scales are black linen micarta, with stainless tubing pins fore and aft. Scales have a final hand rub to match the blade at 600 grit. The fibers in the micarta keep a good grip, even so.

Sheath is an Explorer model. 8 ounce leather, double needle hand stitched on all seams, double seamed through the length of the sheath. Belt hanger is removable and adjustable, mounted using chicago screws. Retaining snap opens at the bottom of the handle spine, which greatly helps in resisting strap cutting while unsheathing or resheathing the blade.

Sole authorship on the whole package, I don't always "Solo" on the sheaths, but do sometimes.

full photo directory on my website is at

http://old.koyoteknives.com/photos/knives/03xx/376/

376-01.jpeg

376-03.jpeg

376-06.jpeg

376-handle-01.jpeg

376-inhand-05.jpeg

Back