Do you mind a knife with only one Pocket Clip position?

If I have the option, my preference is always tip up, right hand carry.

That said, I'm willing to compromise to an extent, if I'm really liking the knife otherwise.

My preference is tip up, left hand carry to put in my right hip pocket for my primary tool but, tip up, right hand carry to put in my left hip pocket for my backup tool. I like to carry two. I would prefer a pocketknife that would allow me the ability to carry either way. I have purchased a few lower end pocketknives that only allowed one method of carry, and I have also walked away from some really nice high end ones because of it.

I really like the look of the one in the photo, I would pick it up to consider immediately. Upon realizing it only could be carried one way, I would possibly purchase it if it was $50.00 or less. Knowing that a pocketknife of this quality would cost considerably more I would not spent my money on something that did not fully meet my wants/needs. JMHO

Thks for your opinion, guys.
I just found that most of people like tip-up right hand. And it is considerable.
aha, TacticallySharp, the value of the knife in the picture is much more than 50 USD. As you can see, it's using VG10 Damascus balde. And the handle is combined with Titanium and Carbon Fiber, very good materials. It should belong to high-end knife.Except the only one way carry and opening. So, if this knife's thumb stud changed into two side,and two or four possible pocket clip position, how much you would pay for a new one?

As I said "Knowing that a pocketknife of this quality would cost considerably more I would not spent my money on something that did not fully meet my wants/needs. JMHO". I never set the asking price of another man's work as I do not know the time and love he put in it. With the availability of the mentioned options I would be willing to enter negotiations. This is one very nice looking pocketknife which seems to meet the hard knife carry laws in my county which I was unaware of until recently. What a bit of research while resting in bed will do for you!

Back