Destinations.

Von Gruff

KNIFE MAKER
These two have destinations on opposite sides of the globe..
The chef has a 7 inch 12C27 blade with paper micarta handles and is for my aunties 80th birthday in just over a week and will stay within 60 miles of my shed
hVlEp5el.jpg

fEZzWlWl.jpg

While this one will be off to the US when I get the sheath done. Another buffalo skinner with a 4 1/2 inch 1075 blade with curve backed buffalo horn bolsters and eucalyptus root handles. Have been getting a bit of interest in this handle material and I personally like the gold tones that have almost a marble like apearance.
xel3RZDl.jpg

DHAkfvIl.jpg

That eucalyptus root is cool! What material pins did you use for the skinner? Can you use wood for pins? Thanks!

These two have destinations on opposite sides of the globe..
The chef has a 7 inch 12C27 blade with paper micarta handles and is for my aunties 80th birthday in just over a week and will stay within 60 miles of my shed
hVlEp5el.jpg

fEZzWlWl.jpg

While this one will be off to the US when I get the sheath done. Another buffalo skinner with a 4 1/2 inch 1075 blade with curve backed buffalo horn bolsters and eucalyptus root handles. Have been getting a bit of interest in this handle material and I personally like the gold tones that have almost a marble like apearance.
xel3RZDl.jpg

DHAkfvIl.jpg
Those are beautiful Gruff!

Those are nice...the skinner looks amazing! It seems to have a purposeful change in the grind towards the tip?

Back