Damascus Hunting Knives = Happiness

HHH Knives

Super Moderator
Here are 2 that we have been working on for Hunting season.. Theres a store on the one main road that runs through this part of Michigan.. lol Its "The" Place to stop if your heading through or going north hunting.. They have Guns and Ammo and supplies, as well as some of the best food around.. The owner sells a few of my knives there every year. These may end up in his display case this season. If someone dont snag them first. :)

The blades were forged by My son Randy Jr. 1095 and 15n20.
And I did the rest. from grind to fit and finish.

The first is a Tiger twist pattern with Buckeye burl handles.
The second is a 2 bar composition with Olive wood and Birch bolsters.

Both feel great in the hand and carry a scary sharp edge!

God Bless,
Randy Haas, HHH Custom Knives

Attachments

• The BEAST 129.jpg
    The BEAST 129.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 135
  • The BEAST 132.jpg
    The BEAST 132.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 114
  • The BEAST 111.jpg
    The BEAST 111.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 102
  • The BEAST 098.jpg
    The BEAST 098.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 97
  • The BEAST 108.jpg
    The BEAST 108.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 88
  • The BEAST 122.jpg
    The BEAST 122.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 103
Nice Work Randy, and Jr.
The first one really speaks to me, size of the unit, blade configuration, handle, file work, all fit together!
Dozier

Ditto! I normally hate filework on a user, but the filework on the first one is awesome. I love it. Great job guys.

Nice Randy, And love that file work never seen any like that before.

I use to do some that I called F note. don't know if I can remember how to do it.

I really love that first one. I am not a real connoisseur of Damascus :what!:( I now that is most everyone’s ultimate goal, "Damascus" but so far the urge has not struck me to do it! :biggrin:) Although I did get my first inquiry about a knife made from Damascus, so guess I may have to do some more research into it! :lol:

Both of those are really great! The Buckeye burl on the first one is fantastic, and I like the file work!

I'm not by any means an expert, but I know beauty when I see it! Some of the talent on this site is just sinful and those pictures are proof of that! Great work. Buckeye is some of my favorite handle material. I also agree with Max about the structions.

You gots to show some structions on that file work!!!

I will try and get some pics the next time I do these patterns. There almost the same.. yet different.. But I would be happy to show you guys how im doing it..

Check this file job out on the HHH Night Hawk Prototype.. I just finished up his knife yesterday.

Again, Thanks for all the comments and positive vibs!
God bless YA!

Attachments

• Black Hawk File work 013.jpg
    Black Hawk File work 013.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 12
  • Night Hawk, By HHH Knives 010.jpg
    Night Hawk, By HHH Knives 010.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 10
Back