Craftman 10" bandsaw? maybe?

Pedro G.

I want a bandsaw and I have a ok amount of funds for a mediocre bandsaw, It's not my top priority tool so I don't want to go on spending 500$ on one.
While I was at sears getting my sander fixed and what not I saw a craftman 10" bandsaw for about 150$, online I saw it was 200$.
It is a benchtop. 1/3 HP. Felt decently sturdy. I've seen reviews and it has mainly very good reviews for the price.

MAIN POINT!-
I found this same bandsaw on craigslist new for 100$ I offered 80$ and they agreed. They apparently bought it in a full package deal of different saws and they didn't need it. They opened the box, looked at it, and put it back in.

Do you think this saw is worth it? For cutting handle scales and mainly straight cuts through hard wood. I don't see too many curved cuts in my future :p

What do you think?

I say go for it.You will need to get you a good blade.That is the same saw I have,and
have used it for a few years,with no problems.It does have it's limits,and with hard
wood blocks,you will need to take your time,but for the $80 it's worth it.Make sure
you check on the shipping.

God bless,Keith

Price sounds good. Curved cuts are actually easier on a bandsaw that straight cuts. Small(ish) saws have difficulty with things like cutting small blocks from larger pieces and especially with bookmatching scales with any kind of accuracy. Tuning the saw helps some (with practice). Wider, thicker blades with a coarse tooth count help as well. Nice score!

Rob!

I have one (not sure it's EXACTLY the same) and I use it all the time. Good blades are a must, and you can find resaw blades for it too if you shop around. I think I got mine new about 4 years ago, and have had no problems with it.

Yea, you think that 1/2" blades would work? I hear they track better and for resawing they're pretty good. Also, it's an hour drive so shipping is not too big of an issue.

Go for it, and check these blades out. There are only a few blades out there that are equal to this one but they usually cost a few times more. BLADE

I decided to go with a Milwaukee 2630N model for 100. I don't know if i should sell it for more and get a harbor freight with warranty or make a table for it and go with it.

Back