chopper scales ??

graveyard

i have some horse mat a fellow member gave me about 2 w. by about 6. l question how best to use pins glue on . to. scales ? itll be on a kurki knife with about a 10 in blade for hard use .. any advice welcome and thanks

Last edited:
Wow. I dont know. I cant say I know anyone who has used any of this for scales. Obviously you would want to make sure that the tang side of the rubber is absolutely flat. Then I would be sure to put plenty of stippling on the tang side for adhesion. Finally I would think that a loveless style fastener in at least a couple of places would be in order for security sake. I would be sure to use a good quality epoxy.
I'm not familiar with using rubber matting for scales, but I am curious how well it finishes.
This is just my two cents. Perhaps there are others with some better insight here. I cant believe there nobody here that has tried it before.

A good rubber based glue I used "Shoe Goo" on one once and it did OK, I used internal pins.

Great handle for compitition type or hard use knives.

I got the material at Tractor Supply, but i belive some of the supplies sell it in handle size quantity. Do some searches, there is quite a bit of info on it.

God Bless
Mike

Back