Can anybody recommend a website builder?

WP probably offers you the most for a DIY'er. Just so ya know, I'm not a fan of WP per se... My background is, or rather was, custom web sites and promotion.

Typically, WP sites (not to denigrate the platform but as an analogy) are like WallMart's big box knives from the Outdoor Section. They are not high performing quality knives from a MBS...they are comparatively cheap and inexpensive. None the less, WP sites can be attractive and still do a lot...initially.

I started a web design firm in 1993. Compucast.com Most businesses at the time had no freak'n clue what the internet was, or how it could benefit them. The company did well, paid the bills, put the boys through college, paid off the house and allowed me to retire from it and my day job, at 61, six years ago. It became too much for me to represent businesses, hotels, restaurants, tourist destinations and events and continue my day job as a Oncology MSL for a pharmaceutical company. So I trained my wife to make web sites - and everything just kept growing. We had, at one time, over 15 designers on board. Although I dropped out 6 years ago the company continues to this day. It has survived Katrina, the 'net bubble, vicious competitors, rip off artists, sharks, Google, free ware, and CoVid. Compucast makes custom sites, not WP sites.

Really can't offer more on the topic other than to say Retirement is a good gig.

Back