Bob lum tanto style (i'm a copycat)

cardoso5fr

I'm a bad copycat, i enjoy especially Terry's and Shawn work, and theire lum tanto style balisong are incredible.
I wanted to give a try :D

100WCRW4 blade, 3,5mm thick, very deep hollow grind, convexe point.

14 cm long, 2,5 cm width, 23,5 cm long open, 9 cm sharp. 16mm thick and 18 to the pivot. 200 g It's very heavy :D, but it flip very well

DSC00184.jpg

DSC00185.jpg

DSC00186.jpg

DSC00187.jpg

DSC00188.jpg

DSC00189.jpg

DSC00190.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

In all fairness any knife made with this type of grind is inspired by some of the grinds of the late great Bob Lum.

It is a great grind and I am sure you will see more people using it in the upcoming years until eventually it is just a commonly seen grind similar to any other in current use.

I like the file work on the spine. I like the grind as well, but I do wonder how easy it would be to sharpen. Especially if you wanted to keep the clean lines. Cool bali.

Thank you. Not so hard to sharpen, simply with a buffer or fine sand paper for the point and a stone for the standart edge :D

The grinds and the filework really make this knife stand out in my mind. This is the third time looking at it.. figured I better post and let ya know that you did a great job on this one!

hey man you should take custom orders or make a few of these to sell.... i would love to have one myself :3:

Back