Black and orange sharp finger

Justin Presson

I have been wanting to make a sharpfinger so here is what I came up with.
Specs:
Steel - O1- 3/32"
HT - by Darrin Sanders to 59-60 HRC
Handle material - hunter orange G10
Pins - black micarta
Finish - acid etch
Overal length - 7 1/2"
Tip to scales - 3 3/8"

basa9aza.jpg

u4asyved.jpg

a4equ8em.jpg

hatuqete.jpg

Still need to sharpen it and make a sheath.
I'm happy how it turned out got a few glitches like a bit of a glue line along the front of the scales but didn't know how to remove without messing up my etch job. I think a little more squeezed out after I left it sit.
Overall I'm very pleased with it and wish I could keep it!! but it's a birthday present for my brother.

Thanks for looking
JP

Very nice. He will like it, and with the orange handle scales should be able to find it even if he drops it in the woods.
I really like the orange I know it's not everyone s favorite color but I sure like it on a knife....I have lost a few in my day but they had black handles:D

I've always liked the sharpfinger design. Nice job. Whenever I get epoxy in front of the scales I dip a toothpick in acetone and patiently work it loose. The wood is soft enough to not mess up the finish if carefully done. Maybe some of the old Dogs can share a better solution........?

I currently have two sharp fingers in the works for orders. I sure hope they turn out as nice and clean as yours has. I bet your brother will be tickled to get this one, you've done a wonderful job on it!

Not sure if there are rules against this or not like other forums if so please tell me.
This is I know a tough question especially for someone new but what is a good price to charge in the future?
Justin

In my opinion, sharpening an etched blade just adds that little touch of contrast that sets it off. That looks like some really clean Kydex work too. As far as price, that's always a hard question to answer. A knife with fit and finish like that is worth way more than a new maker can usually get. I'll let a few others chime in before I toss out a figure.

Back