Big ol' Camp knife

Benr.t

Not sure what to really call this one, so I am just calling it a camp knife right now. And it's a big boy! :D
Oal is just shy of 15" and the blade is 10". The blade is 5160 that I gave a nice antiqued finish which has a nice look and is quite durable.
I gave it a nice thin, flat grind at the heal, and transitioned it into a convex grind towards the tip. This gives a keen edge towards the grip for finer tasks and more strength and weight out towards tip for tons of chopping power. The tang is tapered as well.

The handle is some really fantastic wood I got from Scott Roush. He calls it "Black Oak". It is 500+ yrs old and was salvaged from the bottom of Lake Superior. It has very cool color and figure that really doesn't show in pictures. The handle is highly polished, so it has a great "flash" in sunlight.

The sheath is heavy duty Veg tan leather. It is all hand stitched, and I gave it a "jigged" texture on the front. I think it came out pretty cool! :cool:

Man that came out nice. I love the shape of the handle and I love how you textured the sheath. Nice job all a round

Back