Big Knife, Little Knife

jkf96a

I like making what I like to make, and sometimes the pendulum swings quickly from one end to the other. Both of these were finished in the last couple of days.

First, a very substantial bowie. This knife is 1080, stock removal from 3/16 stock with a flat grind and convex edge. The blade has a very clean 800 grit hand finish with great grinds and a good tight guard fitup. The guard and butt are satin finished 416 stainless, and the handle is a great Sambar stag taper. Overall length is 11.5" with a 7 inch blade.
100_6369.jpg
Mark side
100_6373.jpg

Back side

Second, a small utility, bird and trout, or desk knife. This knife has a north/south connection. My brother Travis forged this Damascus steel from 1084 and 15n20 while he was on a one year assignment in Canada. He gave me the billet, and I made this knife out of it. The knife has jigged bone handles and double nickel silver bolsters. I was shooting for the old fashioned slipjoint look. The knife is 6.5 inches long with a 2 3/4 blade.
I apologize, these are just Iphone pictures. Cory Martin's going to shoot me a good pic next week on this one.
IMG_0669-e1415499679651.jpg
Mark side
IMG_0670-e1415499785320.jpg
Back side
IMG_0671-e1415499840223.jpg
Very tight! No gaps!

Thanks for looking.
Jason

I have always in favor of using Bowie knives while I am on camping or hunting. I know sometimes it becomes difficult to carry them but still they serve great functionality especially when you are stuck in a tough situation. I personally think they are the hardest one in the knife industry which is durable and long lasting to be with you.

Back