Benjy's KITH for FD Kingery

FINALLY!!!!! If it could go wrong, it did with this knife and sheath....
Just have to sharpen her up this weekend!...

Attachments

• 20230421_181931.jpg
    20230421_181931.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
  • 20230421_181941.jpg
    20230421_181941.jpg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 20230421_181935.jpg
    20230421_181935.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 12
Impressive build - I'm especially impressed with that sheath using the insert. Looks good.

Benjy's knife arrived earlier this week while I was out of town. After getting back and sleeping much of the day away yesterday I finally have gotten to open the package and enjoy the knife that he made for me. I have to say I don't know if I would have ever come up with the idea of making scales from chainsaw shaving, but now that I see it, I think it is brilliant. The blade is very sharp and fits nicely in my hand and the sheath that was giving Benjy so many headaches is well built and the snakeskin looks great. Thank you Benjy I really appreciate the effort you put into this.

0.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

And as if the knife were not enough Benjy sent along a surprise. 3 sets of stabilized scales and 2 stablized blocks. Again thank you, sir. I will put them to good use and make sure you get the credit you for providing them.

3.jpg

Thanks for the kind comments!!! I hope you can use the handle material. It should make some really cool knives!

Benjy - I am a big fan of the sheath. I love different. I have never seen one with those combinations of materials. Great job!

Benjy - I am a big fan of the sheath. I love different. I have never seen one with those combinations of materials. Great job!
Thanks! I made a guitar strap with that same pattern that turned out awesome. It's not hard to make just takes alot of planning.
I have some striped bass skins I am going to try one day

Yes, snake skins are easy to do. I always carefully dispose of the head, Put it in a hole deep enough that nothing will mess with it!
I would love it if you would do a thread showing your process. I have tried a rattlesnake but it did not turn out well.

Back