AC kicked the bucket

Justin Presson

It is starting to warm up here in missouri so went to fire up the air conditioner for the first time yesterday and ya the compressor is junk. This ain't gonna be cheap.

The wife told me I need to start selling some knives :)

It just tries to kick on you can here it want to but just kind of hums or buzzs

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

First,does the fan run ?, if the fan comes on and the compressor hums,then kicks off on the internal overload it's locked up. but, sometimes you can install whats called a hard start kit,which isn't actually a kit,it's a start capacitor with two leads that connect to the existing capactor.{if that ones not bad,usually they swell when they go bad}.I have used these on a lot of ac units and they work,I've also used them on refigerators and deep freezers,there about $15-20 bucks and available at ac supply houses.the wiring diagram is right on it,you just need the model number of your unit to get the right size.on a side note,an old timers trick is to hit it a few times HARD with a hammer while it's trying to start.that is if you have room to swing a hammer,but it may lock up again later. good luck...

Thanks bladegrinder. A buddy of mine that works on hvac for the schools brought over just what u said a little jumps tarter he hooked up and it did not work so he thinks it's shot and ghat 1500 is what he thought he could install a new one for

Yeah that's ok I will keep plugging away with what I got. I do have a few I'm about to send your way Darrin, probably have them finished by the weekend and send you next week.

My a/c burnt down My whole house and shop and part of the neighbors house. So I think My a/c repair is going too be about 700,000.00when all said and done. maybe more with the cost of the rental we are living in for the next 9-10 months... :)

Back