#14 becomes #29

TacticallySharp

KNIFE MAKER
1352769879864.jpg

This started as knife #14, due to the need to research part of the process it became #29.

Made from a ferriers rasp (1095 high carbon steel), handle axis antler, brass rounded guard with cocobolo wood spacer followed by large brass spacer, and the brass butt plate is screwed on place by a 1/8th" brass screw.

9 oz leather handmade sheath.

Thanks to Wade for the info on how to dye the antler, and my other knifemaker friend Bola for helping with the sheath.

Got my cameras back, Wade & Laurence hope these show it a little better...

CMachado-LgHunter03-sm.jpg

CMachado-LgHunter02-sm.jpg

CMachado-LgHunter01-sm.jpg

Makes a small difference when you use a real camera!

Last edited:
George,
We need bigger better pics. I got to see this knife in person and it is really nice!!! Show more pics!!!:yes:

Wade

Wade,

My cameras are out for cleaning and I'm not so good using my new cellphone camera yet. I will borrow my daughters camera and try to get a few better shots tonight.

This started as knife #14, due to the need to research part of the process it became #29.

Made from a ferriers rasp (1095 high carbon steel), handle axis antler, brass rounded guard with red wood spacer followed by large brass spacer, and the brass butt plate is screwed on place by a 1/8th" brass screw.

9 oz leather handmade sheath.

Thanks to Wade for the info on how to dye the antler, and my other knifemaker friend Bola for helping with the sheath.

View attachment 36425

This is what I refer to as a design modification! :biggrin:
Looks nice from what I can see?

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Has a nice rustic look & that's a great piece of stag.
These are much better pictures. I made a few like this out of rasps when I started and then after watching them rust in front of my eyes as I live and work by the seaside I moved on to stainless steels.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Thanks guys, having been a commercial photographer in a prior life I know better. It was a mistake to use a piece of unknown equipment to do the job. My last phone worked OK in a hurry. I need to work a bit with this one before using it again. It's the shooter who does not know how to use his equipment and not the equipments fault for the low quality of the prior photo.

Again Thank for helping me remember that!!!

That knife sat on my outdoor bench for 2 months during rainy season before I completed it. I guess I got lucky in South Florida with it. I need to be a little more attentive to things like rust. I am working on my first sword and it is out of stainless (420) just got it back from heat treat. I'll see how that goes.

Back