1095 bowie

Brad Lilly

Moderator and Awards Boss
I have not had a lot of shop time this winter, I finally got this knife finished. The specs are 1095 blade with hamon (trust me), 416 stainless guard, amboyna burl handle, Black micarta finial nut and spacer. As always comments good bad or otherwise are welcome (before anyone says it yes my photography skills suck :) )

Trying to get a decent picture of a hamon is almost as hard as polishing one out

Good looking knife Brad,clean and simple,good flow,excellent fit and finish,quality materials,all signs of a good knifemaker.
I wish knife photography were as simple as Knifemaking :)biggrin:) but it is much more difficult. You did a good job of showing the knife in your photography.
The little shop time that you had was well spent!

Nice Job! Man, I love that Amboyna burl! I have been out bid on four pieces in the last week on Ebay! ^%$##!

Brad, Nice lookin Bowie. I also like the clean look of the profile and how you dressed it up with the hamon and handsome handle.

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm using the great outdoors as a light box, the reflection of my shed eaves is an added bonus.

Back