Finally finished 3

C

CShepherd

Well, I started these three about 5 months ago. Yeah, I know, I'm not just slow, I'm in park. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm very happy with how these have come out.

2huntersandbanddsmall.jpg

The top two are my Southern Hunter pattern. This is about all you need to gut/skin a whitetail, would make a great camping/hiking knife, even a larger EDC.

The bottom one is my interpretation of a Bird and Trout. Love these little knives with their thin blades.

They are all three made out of O1.

Navaronefinishedsmall.jpg

This one was made for a good friend up in Ohio. We're trading this out towards a Ruger pistol. This one is scary sharp. It's the first time I've had one that was hair popping sharp. The bald spot on my leg will testify to it's sharpness. 2thumbs I used Cocobolo and burnt orange liners.

COGOPsmall.jpg

This one is for a fundraising auction my church is holding in July (in fact the wife and I are coordinating it). If you're in Cleveland, TN on July 24 look us up. It is dressed with a really nice set of Cocobolo scales and red and black liners. I'll try to get a better pic of it since I'll have it until the auction.

COGOPwsheathsmall.jpg

I make a basic pouch style sheath for my knives. I actually prefer this type of sheath and if they're made correctly they will hold a knife under most activities. I don't often hang upside down so that's not a major concern.

Birdandtroutsmall1.jpg

And here's my Bird and Trout. This one will be sold as I need the funds for some more belts. Will definitely have to make myself one of these. This one sports Green Canvas Micarta. Love the Micarta. One of my favorite handle materials to work with.

All 3 are full flat ground with a convex secondary bevel. I really like this combination for general field work and the convex edge is so each to touch up.

Now it's time to start on the next batch. Maybe these will get done quicker.

Thanks for looking. Any and all comments/critiques are always welcome. I've definitely got to work on my logo. I'm getting a bit of ghosting around it. Probably holding it too long.

Charlie

Thanks for the comments. I definitely need to work on my photography skills. Building a light tent soon and that will help quite a bit.

Charlie

Very nice!!

I am really liking the bird and trout!!

Thanks. Really hate to have to sell this one but gotta fund some more blades. I've got more steel in that size and some really nice ironwood to make myself one.

Gotta get the sheath finished so I can sell it. Tracy will be getting money then. 2thumbs

Charlie

Thanks for the great comments. I've really proud of these.

Keith, If you are really liking the 2nd one, it's going to be auctioned off on July 24. :)

Charlie

Back