Tracking problem on Delta 1x42

amcardon

Hey guys, I have a Delta SA180 (1x42) and one of my stock wheels exploded the other day so I ordered some aluminum wheels to replace them (and a new beefy platen). Anyway, after getting the wheels aligned I cannot for the life of me get it to track correctly, no matter what I do it runs about 1/4" to the left (see pic). I have tried a couple layers of electrical tape on the top (crowned) wheel, moving the wheel in and out... Nothing. Anybody able to shed some light on my situation?

Thanks guys!

Photo0034.jpg

What was the fix? Mine does it too.

And, where'd you get your Alu wheels?

Big secret......tell ya later. :tt2:
:s12137:

May be as simple as turning the wheel around, the hub may be thicker on one side.....or putting back in the "spare parts".

Rudy

I don't think that's it. :) amcardon mentioned in a different forum he fixed it, and pointed to here for who told him how. Unfortunately he didn't document it here, either :( The other place he said something about shimming somewhere, which fixed it, but it wasn't clear where.

Also, said he got his wheels from a member here. Wondered if he was still around if he knew who.

Hey shorton - I'm around occasionally :) Started my own Chiropractic office which keeps me busy and with little time for hobbies. I will send you a PM with the contact info of who I got the wheels from. There was a post on here from RSMITH that I don't know why it's gone. Also, the main thread where the member I purchased them from is no longer here... Odd.

I should say I can adjust my tracking at the top, I just can't seem to get the top and bottom aligned as well as I'd like.

Back