GIANT SANDING BELTS

Steven Janik

SUPERMOD & AWARDS BOSS
Does anyone want to try one of these huge belts. They are 43" x 102" and are used but are in good shape. The grits are 180, 120, 220. We use these on commercial sanders and replace them as soon as they get a little dull.
They can be cut up and used as sheets.

Let me know.
Steve

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 46
Steve, what do you sand with those monters? I would love to have one to cut up and use. Thats ALOT of sand paper by my calculations! Dozier

They are from a UNISAND 4 head auto feed sander. We sand cabinet doors with them. See pix below.

And yes, it's 30.45 square feet.

Steve

Attachments

• USK_large.jpg
    USK_large.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 20
They are free. I have 4 to give away. Let me know what you'll do with them. I would like to cut or fold them to save on shipping.
Steve

Ok, I'll take a finer grit one, and pay for freight, but you gotta tell me what they were used for initially?
I'm gonna get mine and splice it up to make belts for my craftsman 2X48. Sound like a plan? Dozier

PM me your address. See post above for Unisand machine. We run 2 of these and a 4 head platten machine in the cabinet shop.
Steve

No shipping costs.
I think I'll cut em in half and roll up to fit in a mailing tube.

Steve

Pugsrock, pm address again.

Got about 4 left.

Hi Steve, If there is one left, I would like it to Clap to a nice flat plate for flat sanding. Thanks2thumbs

The belts can be split along their length to narrower sizes. If you put a longer horizontal bar on your 2 X 72 you can actually use them in a knifemaking application.

I am currently building a grinder that will have a long horizontal arm setup to run belts from 72 to 132".

George

Well, I'd certainly be interested in any more you might end up with. Whole or sliced, I'll find a use for all that sandpaper in my shop - promise!!

Shipping and time, compensated for, obviously.

Steve, I'll take a 180 or 220 next time one's available.I,ll cut it up and use it for various applications. Tube be fine.I'll pay for shipping or trade for a couple of Brazilian-Cherry handle blocks. Let me know on my thread when youre ready and I'll send you my street address. thanks, Ron a/k/a ahab.

They work great i have been cutting them up for years and glueing them on my 12" reversible disc grinder! I get them from the local hardwood flooring factory.

Bob

These are shipped. I cut the belt into strips and rolled them into cardboard tubes. You should have them by now or very soon, they did go snail mail.

Steve

Thanks for the heads up Steve.I just thought
maybe they were all given out.I was not going to
ask where my belts were.:D
Thanks friend,I will keep an eye out for them.
I'll let you know when they arrive.

God bless,Keith

Got it. Came in today Steve. Will be put to use, good I hope but the way my projects go you never know. Many Thanks, Dozier

Back