HI My first knives and first forum

Darci,

Congratulations on being #500 and making some very nice knives. Keep it up, you wouldn't want all us dumb old boys having all the fun would you? :D ;)

Mike

Thank you miss Lora ,my pops and i spend a lot of time in the shop not so much as of late i have softball,on tue,fridays and games on sunday and basketball,monday,thur,and games on sat. but he's my coach for softball,i do love working with him he's getting old better spend the time with him now "LOL"
thank you for the nice words
i have three test tomorrow got to go ,sorry my dog is named SPOT "JACK RUSSLE" AND THERES XENA,BORDER COLLIE,AND BENGI THE WENNER DOG ,AND RANSOM THE HORSE,AND MAGUM THE OTHER HORSE ,AND THERES MORE "LOL
Darci

Talk about being busy, I doubt I would last one week. That is great you are able to work with your dad, it is nice to hear family sticking together. Nice work on your knives Darci. 2thumbs

Looks like I'm kinda late to the party...

Welcome Darci. We're glad to have you. I wished my first knives looked like that! (can you Facebook my kids and get them out in the shop? ;) )

BC

Very good Darci, glad to see another young lady working on knives. My youngest is 10 and she has finished one so far. After seeing yours she is even more ready to work on some. Great job Darci you have a lot of talent so keep it up.

Hi Darci and welcome :)

I started this when I was 12! Unfortunately I didn't have anybody close by (let alone my dad! :) ) who made knives. You are off to an amazing start!!! 2thumbs

BTW- where else could you have a 13 year old posting with a bunch of old perverts around AND STILL KNOW she's not only safe, but everyone would have her back??? Gotta love crusty 'ol knifemakers. :D no tres

THANKS ALL OF YOU FOR SAYING NICE THINGS TO ME, I STARTED A KNIFE WITH POPS LAST NIGHT ,WHEN I'AM FINISHED I'LL SHOW ALL OF YOU .TODAY I HAD SOFTBALL ,GOT THREE HITS, AND THREW OUT 6 FROM THIRD AND STOLD TWO BASES IT WAS A FUN DAY "MORNING" THEN DID A CIVIL WAR RIDE WITH MY MOM WE ALL HAD ARE CIVIL WAR CLOTHS ON 25 OF US, I GOT BUCKED OFF FOR THE FIRST TIME TODAY MAN THAT HURTS 2thumbs ,IN THE MORNING I'M GOING TO WORK ON MY KNIFE BEFORE BASKETBALL .
THANKS
DARCI

Darci could post progress pics. All of us here love seeing them. 2thumbs

yes sir,this a small bowie looking knife,my POPS WONT LET ME DO THE BIG KNIVES YET!!!!!!!!! I WANT A SWORD !!!!!!!. this is 400 layers of damascus my POPS made i get the left overs from his bigger knives,so mine are smaller,POPS if you read this I WANT TO MAKE A SWORD !!!! 2thumbs . HOPE YOU LIKE WHAT I'VE DONE NEXT WEEK I'LL TRY TO PUT SOME BOX ELDER ON IT I THINK THAT WHAT POPS CALLED IT . it sounds old hope it looks nice i want to give this one to a teacher she has helped me alot this year .
Darci "Ironarmknives"
DSC01098.jpg

DSC01097.jpg

DSC08393.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry Darci - everything you're learning in small knives will help you with swords. I started out wanting to make a sword five years ago - maybe I'll do one next year :D Just keep having fun.

The grinds look very good on that blade. A top clip is ambitious early on, good job!

Back