Rob Dalton old school

mndart

This rare old ti handled Dalton CQB7 with a double ground tanto is headed back home to me.

:)

CQB7-TI-Tanto-Composite.jpg

I sold it for over $500 and bought it back for the same amount. This is not an uncommon price for the real old limited quantity Daltons.

This is a one of a kind; and there is one similar variant with a white macarta inlay and a recurve blade. The double ground tanto was pretty much unheard of in these pre-97 Daltons. All other CQB's I know of were a chisel grind on Dalton's back side of the blade. It is possible there are others, but never in all of these years have I seen any other Ti handled CQB7's with this handle and scale config.

Here is a couple of new shots, a bit larger. The blade is shy of 4" and is 3/16" thick.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 126
  • DSC_0020.jpg
    DSC_0020.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
WOW

Great old school Dalton for sure. The older ones are fetching a premium.
Ti handled and nice anodizing. Enjoy owning it again. I seem to do the same thing from time to time. Some knives I've owned 3 or 4 different times.cool 1

Jim, $500 seems very reasonable for that one, Hey, is there a possibility that you know where there might be a pick of the recurve model, as I have a thing about recurve's heck even khukuri's get me with the "extra" Chopping power.

you know where there might be a pick of the recurve model?

Afraid not. It was at least 13 years ago when these two were made and tucked away in a mystery collection. Mine originally came to me quietly through a dealer. One aluminum handled piece showed up a few years ago, but no other Ti handled CQB7 has showed up (that I have seen).

Back