My first kydex sheath

Calvin Robinson

Moderator Christian Forum
I built a kydex press per Boss Dog's tutorial yesterday and made my first sheath today. I used grey kydex because it's cheaper to practice on, I used the only rivets that I had in the shop, I made this sheath for my bench knife that I made years ago.

Thanks y'all for all the compliments. The only thing wrong is that I didn't intend for it to be a left handed sheath, I can't remember how many times I've done that with leather sheaths, just goes to show you, you have to stay focused ALL the time.

Them look great.

By the way. Thanks! now you have talked me into building a press sooner!!:D

What are you using to heat up the Kydex?

I am using some rivets that I bought when I first started making leather sheaths. I don't use rivets very often on leather sheaths so I have an abundance of them.

The rivets are definitely cheaper than the dies and press I use have you tried using PVC glue yet a guy on another forum just uses two rivets and glues the rest together gives it a nice clean look also. I like using Kydex it’s pretty forgiving as long as you don’t over heat it. The first time I used it I miss read the direction and left it in the oven to long it came out shriveled up. When I was in school our shop teacher showed us how to soften plastic with a heat lamp I was thinking of building a small rack with a heat lamp in the top and a place to set the Kydex in the bottom with the sides open it would make it easier to test to see if it was ready to form.

Hey Calvin,
Great work!!
Two questions, are those cutlery rivets like those used on kitchen knives? and how much for the 8 incher?

thanks,
Steve

Yea

Hey Calvin,
Great work!!
Two questions, are those cutlery rivets like those used on kitchen knives? and how much for the 8 incher?

thanks,
Steve

What Mr. Janick Said? I checked all over and couldn't find it?
I'm just curious at fhe moment , a couple of other dogs are cashing my checks this month. Dozier

Hey Calvin,
Great work!!

thanks,
Steve

No those are not cutlery rivets they are rivets used on leather, I got them from a local Tandy Leather store. The Big Brother Skinner is **** sorry, no sales in the discussion forums, we have For Sale forums for that plus shipping, call me at 850-572-1504.

Last edited by a moderator:
No those are not cutlery rivets they are rivets used on leather, I got them from a local Tandy Leather store. The Big Brother Skinner is **** sorry, no sales in the discussion forums, we have For Sale forums for that plus shipping, call me at 850-572-1504.

I'm sorry about that, for any one interested in buying this knife please see FOR SALE, FIXED BLADES, BIG BROTHER

Back