electro chem personalizer help

franklin

i am following direction's to the letter but every time i put the cleaner on it wipes out the black and gives me a frosted look any suggestion's

What type of stencil are you using? I just got my personalizer plus, and have the same problem when using the paper stencils, because they won't stand the higher settings to mark the etch, if I use the sample stencil that came with it I can get the black to stay on, and looks good, with the paper stencils, it blackens all around the mark. If you have a good made stencil, you should be able to put in on the etch setting, and then switch it to mark and be good, also you may need more etchant on the applicator pad, not dripping wet, but damp, just guessing as I am still practicing with mine to get consistent results.
Dale

I'm no expert but I would ask how long you keep the pad on ? I'm having the same problem but the black gets washed out after I clean the mark when I run my last grit of sandpaper over it. I do short burst when I etch. using the etch mode I count to 3 then remove count to 3 then etch doing this about 5 times then switch to mark mode and do the same thing then clean, Then sand with 2000grit paper to clean it up . It looks good but I cant keep the dark black in it.

coffinhandlemakersmark.jpg

exactly same thing also happens when i put the cleaner on it no matter how black i get it to jwd, yes I am using the stencil they sent me works well enough but again the black washes away when I apply the cleaner.

Back