SAD NEWS - Frank Centofante has passed away

T.A. DAVISON

Frank Centofante has passed away

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is with a heavy heart that this news was received by Gil and I early this morning. Frank had been sick for quite some time and hospitalized over the past 40 plus days. Our hearts go out to his wife, Sue, and his entire family.
Below is the message we received earlier today from the Knifemakers' Guild Secretary/Treasurer, Lowell Bray:

"I just got word Frank passed away. There is not going to be a service in
Tennessee. He is being cremated. At some time in the future there will be a private service in R.I."

Sincerely,
Linda Hibben

Prayers sent for the family - RIP Frank.

TA DAVISON

A nice man. Rest in peace, Mr. Centofante. Thanks for encouraging a new knifemaker...

His and Ron Lake's folder book was the first I read and really got me going in knife making. Prayers and thoughts sent...

He will be missed! My prayers go out to the family! :(

Mr. Centofante lives forever in his work, his influence and those of us who knew of him.
I never meet the man and don't own many Centofante knives but am sorry to see him pass.

This is a huge loss to the knife community & to the world. I send prayers to all his family & friends. May he rest in peace.

Sad News for sure. I remember when I used to look at the How to Make Folders book for hours by Frank Centofante , Wayne Clay and of course Ron Lake . At that time it was the only printed information to my knowledge on making folders . He will be missed my the knife community .

I am very saddened by this news. He was such a kind and generous man, and a superb maker. God bless him.

Back