Karambit

Frank Aguirre

Here is a little something I am almost done with. I just need to figure out a neck sheath for this puppy. It is 154cm and I got the design from Bobby Branton but changed it a bit. Grinding this knife had me eating my finger nails. I put a scotchbrite finish on this one. Just call it El Tigre,:eek: The one thing I dislike is the makers mark. It didn't look quite like I expected it too.

Picture018.jpg

To tell you the truth I don't really know. I bought a box of knife handle material and they were in there. It is a hard plastic material.

It looks like the animal pattern stuff from masecraft. I know I've gotten a few extra goodies in the box when I've ordered from them....

It looks like the animal pattern stuff from masecraft. I know I've gotten a few extra goodies in the box when I've ordered from them....

I was going to say the same thing. I have a block of that I bought at the ECCKS a little while back. Now I now what it will look like finished. Very nice Frank, I'm definitely making myself a karambit one of these days, they're one of my favorite knives.

2 questions:
How wide of a piece of stock did you make that out of?
Did you grind it on Fred's jig?

Personally I'd go with a Kydex belt sheath set with the blade edge facing forward. That's how mine will be :D

You would need a 3-4" wide piece of stock for one of these and yes I did use the ubble jig on this one. THanks guys.

Back