Hello Everyone from SC!

bjtiger75

I am fairly new to the knife making world. I have been reading here and on BF for a few months now and decided to join. I have finished one knife and have a couple more planned. I have a wife and a daughter, that is six weeks old, so my time is limited. I live in upstate SC in Anderson.

I am hooked on this hobby as it gives me an outlet to get out some of my creative side, what little bit there is. It seems there are some genuinely good people in this community and I hope to become one of them.

Thanks,
BJ Sharp

Welcome to Knife Dogs. It looks like there are several of us here from the Upstate of SC. I too am both a newb to this forum and to knifemaking. I have a 10 month old daughter, so I understand all tOo well how a six week old limits your time (congratulations by the way!).

Last edited:
JC,

I appreciate the welcome. I have seen your posts over on BF and knew you where a Carolinian but didn't realize you are so close. The baby is doing good, but priorities sure do change. I am working on getting a workspace set up in my garage right now so I can get a little more serious into this hobby. I am working on getting the funding together for a KMG right now. Once I get it all set and running you would be more than welcome to come over and try it out, but I can't say I can give you much advice being as I am a noob also.

Later,
BJ

Hey BJ,

I appreciate the offer. We're trying to get our house ready to sell, so I'm hoping the next one will have a garage and/or workshop type space that I can dedicate to knifemaking. Without having such a space right now, it doesn't make sense to try and buy tools just yet. Fortunately, we have a fairly comprehensive lab at work, so I'm able to do somethings there. There is a 1"x42" grinder and several furnaces, so heat treating isn't a problem. Finding time has been my biggest constraint, but I hope to finish up the one knife I've been working on in the next few weeks.

Later,
JC

KnifeDogsWelcome1.gif

Boiling Springs, South Carolina here.

Ken Brock is another Anderson, SC knifemaker.

Rock,

I met Ken a while back but it was before I got into knifemaking. He is a sheriff's deputy if I remember correctly as the friend I met him through is in law enforcement. There are several guys that are here in Anderson that do some custom work, but the most notable name is probably Steve Fecas. I met him at a knife show earlier this year and he was super nice. He is the one that gave me the idea/inspiration about doing some knives. I believe he has designed a few knives for Benchmade. His folders are unbelievably well built and are reasonably priced.

BJ

Back