Hello from the Mountains of NC...

R

Rack Man

...and YES, I have all my teeth...been making knives since '99...thanks to a friend named Charlie Ochs. I studied with him for 5 years and took two ABS classes with him as well. Like this site a bit better then BF...kind of a more friendly place to hang my hat if you will and my false teeth! (just kidding, they're real)

Thanks! Doc Wacholz

Welcome to the Pound. This site is really great, but what makes it great is the people. They have a no drama rule, G-rating, completely family friendly. I for one appreciate that.
Jim

KnifeDogsWelcome1.gif

...and YES, I have all my teeth...been making knives since '99...thanks to a friend named Charlie Ochs. I studied with him for 5 years and took two ABS classes with him as well. Like this site a bit better then BF...kind of a more friendly place to hang my hat if you will and my false teeth! (just kidding, they're real)

Thanks! Doc Wacholz

Welcome Dr. Killdrums!!!
I saw you play at The Stone in San Fran when I was in high school
You threw out a snare drum skin and I wrestled it away from some girl!!!!
I kinda felt bad.....huh1
Also saw you play in Isla Vista/UCSB2thumbs

I look forward to seeing some pics of your knives....

rockon

Wow! Someone is actually a Savatage fan...I thought they were long forgotten...thanks to the overshadowing TSO (Trans Siberian Orchestra...!)
I kinda like beating on hot steel these days vs. the drums...less managers, record companies and the sort telling ME what to do! Good wrestling for the drum head...thanks for ruining my chances with her!! Just kidding! Thanks to all for the welcome!

From another new member, welcome aboard. Where abouts in NC are you located? I'm originally from Landrum, SC which is just across the stateline from Tryon and Columbus.

Rack Man and others: The North Carolina Chapter Blacksmiths are meeting at Big Blu www.bigbluhammer.com in Morganton, NC this weekend. We get there Friday afternoon, visit, tailgate sales, eat chili and drink beer (an other NC favorite beverages). Camp in the shop then have the meeting on Saturday. Check out their website and the itinerary for the meeting and demonstrators. I will be there with the "Build a Belt Grinder" plus the other stuff I have to sell, mostly forge supplies. It is not a knife meeting but is forging and related. I think that there will be some other Knife Dogs there.

Ray was just here in WNC! He came up to the Great Smoky Mountain Hammer In at the college! He introduced me to the Firestorm pattern! We'll see how it turns out!!! Thanks Mike!

Back