Hello from Easley, SC

JC in SC

Hello everyone. I'm a (fairly) regular over at BF and it looked like a lot of other members there are heading over here, so I thought I'd check it out. I found Bruce Bump's forum and I am hooked.

As for myself, I'm an Engineer (Mechanical) by trade, going to school part time to get an MBA (will be done in June!), but knives are my passion. I dabbled in making knives from old files when I was a kid, but never actually finished one. I have one stock removal knife in process that I hope to complete soon. I'm aspiring to get into forging, so I'm slowly saving up money to buy the requisite equipment. In the interim, I'm on the lookout for a local bladesmithing class. Someone barely beat me to the last spot in GL Drew's class the weekend of March 20 & 21 at Tryon (NC) Arts & Crafts, but they put my name on a list for the next one. I'm married to a wonderful woman and have a beautiful 10 month old baby girl that keeps me smiling constantly. We have an interesting schedule in that I work Mon-Fri and my wife works (as a Nurse) Fri, Sat and Sun; therefore, weekends are comprised of Daddy Daycare. This and our daughter being so young make finding time to work on knives tough.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself over here. If you know of an upcoming forging class within an hour or so of Easley, SC, drop me a line. I know there is an ABS Hammer-In coming up at Haygood Community College, but Clyde, NC is about 2.5 hrs away, which is a little too far with the aforementioned schedule restrictions and family obligations.

KnifeDogsWelcome1.gif

I am in Boiling Springs, South Carolina.

Hey You!

Welcome Aboard!

-Todd

Hey Todd, good to see you over here too. One day I hope to make some blades worthy of your composites:D

KnifeDogsWelcome1.gif

I am in Boiling Springs, South Carolina.

Hello Rock. I already posted in your thread in the makers' section about makers opening their shops and such. If I find anything local, I'll let you know.

Back