My Wifes Anniversary Gift

Chris Martin

Here is a little something I made for the wife. An early Anniversary, Late Valentines and for carrying my boy in her tummy for me. As you can see, Jr. is growing like a weed already:D

After drooling over Martin Olexeys "Six Cleaver" I got inspired to make the wife a blade.

I traded Martin for some of his Smashed Hippie Micarta from Butch Harner. Thanks for the trade and inspiration buddy!

Specs:

Aldo's 1084
7 1/4" OAL
Smashed Hippie Micarta
Red Liners
SS Pin
Brass Lanyard Tube
Jeweling on the flats and spine
Kydex sheath w/Tek-Lok
ABrandisBlade001.jpg

ABrandisBlade002.jpg

ABrandisBlade003.jpg

ABrandisBlade006.jpg

ABrandisBlade007.jpg

ABrandisBlade008.jpg

Thanks for looking Dogs.

Chris

Last edited:
Thank you ms3902 and rgoad. Welcome to the forum and look forward to seeing you guys around!
That looks great. It looks like it is a beast of of blade.2thumbs

Great blade thanks for the share

Very cool design..Your work keeps getting better. nice sheath...2thumbs

Jeff, Thanks buddy. Def. looking forward to seeing your bench come to life. Really liking what I see from your shop! Plus all them tools your gathering...I know your going to put them to good use2thumbs

It truly means a lot to hear everyone's support. I have so far to go and so much more to learn. But its a great journey and I learn from everyone I can.

Thank you all for your kind words!

Chris

Chris, that is a great looking blade. I really like what you did with the steel. Kydex looks great. What type of tool did you use to make that pattern on the steel?

Thank you Larry! It sure is wild....but so is my wife:D It fits her personality well2thumbs

Kewl knife, that is one crazy handle. I like it.

Larry

Chip, thank you. I had the same question when I saw Martin Olexey's Six Cleaver. He schooled me on the tricks of the trade. Cratex rods are what ya need. Just chuck them in the press and try and follow a close pattern overlapping each circle. It took a little practice and will take some tweaking to get it right. I am still learning the process myself. I suggest practicing on a couple pieces of steel to get your pattern down. It sure looks cool. I made my mom a cross out of 1075 and did the same thing. Used Zebra Wood for the backround...Pretty cool!

Thanks for the kind words fellas. I do appreciate it!!!

Chris

Chris, that is a great looking blade. I really like what you did with the steel. Kydex looks great. What type of tool did you use to make that pattern on the steel?

Thanks Jeffro!

Hope this summer gets here quick for you. Looking forward to seeing you dive in2thumbs Plus we have some hiking, camping and artifact hunting to do:D

Chris

Chris, I am ready too. Hmm, might have to make a primitive knife on a shore line. I know when I was a kid I was taught a little flint napping. I don't remember much but will be fun.

Thanks again guys!!! As long as I keep learning and improving you will see plenty more out of the Dungeon. I cant thank you all enough for the support2thumbs

Jeff,

Flint napping would be cool. I have seen a few videos of it. But I still want to find some artifacts. Its a huge adrenaline rush when you see a point poking out at you. I am sure you know that feeling bud....lol

Come on Spring/Summer....get here already.

Back