Hollowpoint Folder for David Broadwell

Rick Haney Design

I've been talking to David Broadwell on the phone about both of us doing a collaboration together,This is the folder I'm making for David for his personal collection.

I've admired his work for years now,I'm honored that David wanted Me to make him a knife!

I've made a few changes to the overall design.

Specs are:2.95" Sculpted CPM S-30V persian blade
.110 thick Ti liners
Translucent G-11 scales
Sculpted Ti clip
Ti backspacer w/ lanyard hole
7.25" OAL
4.25" Closed
David,Hope You like it!I'm starting on the collaboration parts today.

Attachments

• Hollowpoint Folder WIP 005.JPG
    Hollowpoint Folder WIP 005.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 134
  • Hollowpoint Folder WIP 006.JPG
    Hollowpoint Folder WIP 006.JPG
    76.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Hollowpoint Folder WIP 009.jpg
    Hollowpoint Folder WIP 009.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 86
  • Hollowpoint Folder WIP 010.JPG
    Hollowpoint Folder WIP 010.JPG
    86.9 KB · Views: 90
  • Hollowpoint Folder WIP 007.JPG
    Hollowpoint Folder WIP 007.JPG
    72.9 KB · Views: 65
Couple more pics.:D

Attachments

• Hollowpoint Folder WIP 008.JPG
    Hollowpoint Folder WIP 008.JPG
    71.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Hollowpoint Folder WIP 012.JPG
    Hollowpoint Folder WIP 012.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 24
  • Hollowpoint Folder WIP 014.JPG
    Hollowpoint Folder WIP 014.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 26
Rick,
That's very nice, you miust be doing something right to be asked2thumbs
mitch

Mitch,Actually David replied to a thread I posted a couple months ago.I said in my reply to him "We should do a collaboration together"He said Ok.:eek:
We've talked a few times over the phone about what we were going to do,He liked the Hollowpoint design.So here we go!:D

There is a lot of detail in that design and it comes together in a really interesting way. I like it. Nice job Rick.

Hey Rick, nice work. Bet that collaboration is gonna really be sweet.

Mitch,Actually David replied to a thread I posted a couple months ago.I said in my reply to him "We should do a collaboration together"He said Ok.:eek:
We've talked a few times over the phone about what we were going to do,He liked the Hollowpoint design.So here we go!:D
Looking forwarrd to seeing tke collaberation.
mitch

Tracy,Thanks.I've tweaked this design since I made the first one for last year's Blade show.I'm finally pleased with it now.:D

Pat,Thanks Bro!We need to get started on our collab soon.Talk to You soon.;)

Mitch,This one goes in David's collection.The next one I will make all the parts except the scales for David to do his magic to.Should be sweet!:D

Could you have eliminated the Ti liners if the scales were a tad thicker? That stuff is nearly indestructible.
Jim

Could you have eliminated the Ti liners if the scales were a tad thicker? That stuff is nearly indestructible.
Jim

Jim,I could have eliminated the presentation side liner.:D
But I'm not a big fan of just composite scale on the presentation side.That's just my personal taste.;)

I was just curious, I am thinking of my first folder, wanted someone else to be brave and do it. Save me from another FAIL.
Jim

Beautiful build Rick. That is a very unique and original design.

Back