pics of my nwg

petie

Here are some pics of my newly built NWG and a couple knives I ground today. Once again Tracy is a genius:D

Not real computer literate

Attachments

• 100209_111635.jpg
    100209_111635.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 113
  • 100209_111606.jpg
    100209_111606.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 257
  • 100209_113841.jpg
    100209_113841.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 86
man... you used some stout materials...and I like the boxing in on the uprights. That thing will never move. nice build.
t

That one is built like a tank...I like the way you used your bench grinder as the motor, great idea...2thumbs

It weighs a freakin ton. Everything is 1/4" wall cause thats what I could get for free. The bench grinder is variable speed so I figured what the heck. I only use one side of it anyway.

NICE! 3 things stand out to me.

#1 Everything looks better with Diamond plate!
#2 Much respect for using the buffer like that. I wish I had seen that before I bought my motor.
#3 That tool rest is fantastic. Show us mor of that setup!

Johnny

grinder looks nice heavier than mine . and x2 on more views of that rest Im wanting to build a new longer one simmilar to yours

Last edited:
Thanks for the compliments. The tool rest is adjustable past 90* both ways . It's on two 4 1/2" ball bearing door hinges and adjust up and down witha 3/8-16 set screw in the middle. The springs on each side hold tension on the table so it doesn't bounce. The table itself is 4" x22". These grinder builds are addicting. I'd build another one if I didn't have so many knives to make.

How much hp does the buffer have? I might change up my workshops if the price of the buffer is right.

Good job. Don't worry about using free or bigger stuff.
Tracy did a great job on the concept and plans. One of the great things is that it is so adaptable.2thumbs2thumbs2thumbs

Back