Help Wiring Electro Etcher Toggle Switch

turkeyshooter

I decided to build the electro etcher myself. When my DPDT toggle switch with center off position came in there are no numbers on the legs. Just number 6 is numbered. I have gotten to the point where I am suppose to wire the wire on the red banana jack to wire number 2 on the DPDT toggle switch. Can someone tell me how to determine how the number sequence goes on this switch. The only thing I can tell I think is that position number 6 is on the left side center leg. Help Please.:confused: Someone must know the number positions on a typical 6 leg toggle switch. If your out there please help!
Oh almost forgot, I am using the tutorial by Chris Crawford.

Last edited:
The center posts are the outputs, just make one side pos and one neg. Top is usually the DC out bottom AC out any questions call me 8709530118

Not that simple.

Please look at the directions on page 3 of the tutorial at Chriscrawfordknives.com and you will see what I am dealing with. Thanks for any help.

I know the switch and diagram by heart. If your looking at the switch from the back with two rows of lugs the numbers will be 1,2
Top 3,4. Center 5,6
Bottom
1 DC pos 2 DC neg from rectifier 3 pos to banana post 4 neg to banana post 5 AC pos from rectifier or output of transformer 6 AC neg from rectifier or output of transformer

Thank You!

Thank You Rusty, that will do it. I need help when it comes to this sort of thing until I get it down in my hard head! I appreciate it very much. !!!:D:)

Rusty I turned the unit on and the red light came on for only a second then went off. I got something wrong. Could you please go over the wiring of the switch in simple terms for me again such as Position 1 wires to blank, and Position 2 wires to blank and so on? Thanks Turkeyshooter

I double checked all the wires and everything is wired correctly if the DPDT switch order is correct. One other question. Since it is a 3 position switch. What are the 3 positions for from top to bottom? When I turn the unit on it keeps blowing the fuse once I turn the DPDT switch into either the up or down position. So something must be wired wrong there. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Ok boss here goes

the back of the switch has 6 posts the posts, in two rows, make one row positive and one negative, in the center are the out put to the banana posts

The posts on top are from the + and - from the rectifier which make it DC.

The posts on the bottom are from the input of the rectifier or output of the transformer electrically the same. one of the yellow wires from the Transformer is positive the other is negative doesn't really matter with a/c, one of the yellow wires should go to one post the other to the other post.

Ok! Success at last, it was just a matter of knowing the switch number sequence. Now that I got it working what is the sequence you go through. Turn unit on, then turn switch 2 on and hold pad for 3 to 4 seconds how many times? Then is there anything you do before you throw switch 2 in the other AC direction and how long do you hold it there. Some of you fellas give me some input on that sequence. And thanks a million Rusty for getting me straight on my switch number order and helping me to understand what the switch is actually doing. I appreciate your time and service to our country!

Start with the DC side and do it several times but dont let it get too hot. The AC side will darken the etched part, but it gets a lot hotter so be careful and take your time.

Back