Revamp my playlist

Chris Martin

Ok, for the past several months I have listened to the same playlist on the shop MP3 player.

Give me some new ideas fellas.

I like country and the way up to hardcore metal. An example, Kings Of Leon-Hatebreed. I like random if that helps2thumbs

What say you guys2thumbs

First.... I'm not real good at this new fangled internet music downloading thing so forgive my lack of proper links and such. However, here's a few of my current favorites:

Woodsmoke and Oranges(which is a redo of Three Sheets to the Wind) off the album "Canoe Songs".
http://www.artistdirect.com/nad/window/media/page/0,,311172-2716942,00.html

The Giant by Stan Rogers (live version off the album Home in Halifax).
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=imSFwqq4cO0"]YouTube- Giant Stan Rogers[/ame]

The Mull River Shuffle by Rankin Family (Jimi on lead vocals, sisters on back up.)
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKkbeI8hPeA"]YouTube- The Rankin Family performs Mull River Shuffle[/nomedia]
BTW - I worked for these folks for a bit of time.

Can't go wrong with Stevie Ray Vaughn!;) Maybe a little Hendrix, Zeplin, The Doors, old school Metallica, Pink Floyd. 2thumbs

Can't go wrong with Stevie Ray Vaughn!;) Maybe a little Hendrix, Zeplin, The Doors, old school Metallica, Pink Floyd. 2thumbs

Holy crap Dave! Are we related? Thats just about what I would have put in.

I would also add some Aretha just for a little soul.

Sean

Cool! Add in some Buddy Guy, Scott Holt(friend from school that is off the hook!!!Look him up.), maybe some Hank Sr., George Jones, Vern Gosden, Wille Nelson for the country side. I hate all the new stuff.

Mudvayn, Deftones, Tool, Queens of the stoneage, Magadeath, Clapton, ZZ Top, George Thorogood, Muddy Waters, BB King, Slipknot, Five Finger Death Punch, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer, Psycho stick, White Zombie, Rage Against the Machine, P.O.D., Drop Kick Murphy's, Mastadon, Mad Ball, Ankla, Agnostic Front, E Town Concrete.

Just a few off the top of my head.

Nickelback, Aerosmith, Rob Zombie (Dragula), Marshal Mathers, Toby Keith, Garth Brooks, Willie and Waylon, Johnny Cash, Hank Jr and Sr., and the list goes on.

E Town Concrete.

Jake,

I thought I was the only person that listens/knows about ETC:eek: That was a shock to see. You got good taste in music! I already have Deftones/MV/Tool etc. There are a couple on your list I will have to check out.

Thanks to everyone that has tossed some meat out there2thumbs

Oh, Brian....Flogging Molly always stays on the MP3!

Chris

Jake,

I thought I was the only person that listens/knows about ETC:eek: That was a shock to see. You got good taste in music! I already have Deftones/MV/Tool etc. There are a couple on your list I will have to check out.

Thanks to everyone that has tossed some meat out there2thumbs

Oh, Brian....Flogging Molly always stays on the MP3!

Chris

Havn't had the oppertunity to hear alot of there stuff. But I heard "Mandibles" on my direct tv xm radio, And liked it. As soon as I get faster internet and fix or get a new external I will be down loading alot of music2thumbs

Jake,

You cant go wrong with ETC. Its hardcore but good hardcore. Check into punch the walls and heart of the wolves from ETC.

What do you use for downloading? I use Frostwire, but trying to find a new sharing site.

Havn't had the oppertunity to hear alot of there stuff. But I heard "Mandibles" on my direct tv xm radio, And liked it. As soon as I get faster internet and fix or get a new external I will be down loading alot of music2thumbs

I used Limewire all the time. but that was 2 yrs. ago. There are alot of new ones now. We moved from our appartment to the country and now we don't get anything but dial-up. Except satalite, and I am having a hard time convincing my self that paying $50 a month for 512 kbps is worth it.

LimeWire and Frostwire are about the same. Sucks on the dial up...I havent had that since........Hmmm, been awhile...lol Hope you get that squared up. Another option would be meet someone who has high speed in your area and try a router to work with it. Not sure how well it would work, but might be worth a try. I pay about $50 for mine, but its fast. Going to go with WIFI here soon....The city of Ponca has free WIFI so that will save $50 a month.

Best of luck to you Jake!

Chris

I used Limewire all the time. but that was 2 yrs. ago. There are alot of new ones now. We moved from our appartment to the country and now we don't get anything but dial-up. Except satalite, and I am having a hard time convincing my self that paying $50 a month for 512 kbps is worth it.

Yeah in time. But I will have to check out the other songs. Any other bands I didn't list that I might like?

Havent been into the underground scene since leaving Phoenix, but Mo Nasty and 69 Sins are ok. I will try and think of more, thats the problem I am having...I am getting sick of everything mainstream....lol

Yeah in time. But I will have to check out the other songs. Any other bands I didn't list that I might like?

Back