Show your swords!!!

Jake Mello

Thought I would start a picture thread here. I don't own any swords, nor have I built any (YET). But I love seeing everyone elses.

So show us your steel!!!

Last edited:
Here you go.
87444_1_b.jpg

kiku Ichi Monji Katana

This is a katana I picked up in japan in the 60s . the maker is Kiku Ichi Monji , he was a mino province smith . The sword was mfg, around 1870 making this a Gendai . all of the hardware is Gunto (ARMY) but the sword is much older than hardware , appparently when the war broke out some blades were refitted for military using the "family" sword . Someday I will break down and repolish it . PS I was a great idea to open sword forum !!!

Last edited:
here is a pair I made a few years ago , a wakizashi handforged from W-2 and a pole weapon (Naginata) forged from 5160 . the Waki utilised antique hardware and fittings. I have no idea what happened to photos ??? loaded them but , no pics ??? ah here they are . Blade length on waki is 16" nagi is almost 20" blade OL is 33''

Last edited:
Here is my Michael Rader.

Jon Klein

Attachments

• Rader 1.jpg
    Rader 1.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 181
  • Rader 2.jpg
    Rader 2.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 130
  • Rader 3.jpg
    Rader 3.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 119
  • Rader 4.jpg
    Rader 4.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 108
  • Rader 5.jpg
    Rader 5.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 84
Mr. Broadwell those are outstanding!! Very Very Nice!! The carving is freakin Sweet!!

Ironarm that is looking pretty dang cool!!

Burke I'm Lovin It!

I've always been a fan of Michael Rader. Very Nice!

All very nice swords fellors keep them coming!

What classifies a sword as a sword?? Is there a certain leangth that makes it a sword or is it a sword just because I call it a sword. Where do you draw the line from it being a realy big knife

What classifies a sword as a sword?? Is there a certain leangth that makes it a sword or is it a sword just because I call it a sword. Where do you draw the line from it being a realy big knife

Thanks, Shane. I usually draw the line at around 13-14". Over that I call them short swords.

David

here is one of my katanas,
the blade, habaki, tsuba and saja are made by Citadel
the tsuka is made by me and i also did the same´work and also the wrapping.

svrd8.jpg

svrd7.jpg

svrd2.jpg

svrd3.jpg

svrd4.jpg

svrd5.jpg

/Roger

Hey Raguel,,,that's a fantastic blade. Be sure to post pics after it's completed.

Last edited:
Back