7-1/2 inch Slicer ARB-L and Bubinga burl

John Wilson

7-1/2 inch Slicer AEB-L and Bubinga burl

7-1/2 inch Slicer in AEB-L. I had a heck of a time finding Bubinga burl.

1b5f1c265246d1dd6ce516f157daa7a9.jpg
0b185df04db57e847e5ec538dad3f0a0.jpg
71f468db86c08e7971b8fbec386d8630.jpg
ad1786fd2d75b919e5abf05e5f3aedc2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Dude that is seriously fine!!! Really gorgeous!!! Where did you get the wood? Beautiful!!!

I found a guy on ebay selling the wood, and it turns out he's local. I bought a few blocks from him just to get a feel for the quality of the stuff and to see if it matched the pics he posted. I was very pleasantly surprised.

thanks for the kind words!

thanks guys. i really need to build an extra day into the schedule for photos and stop using my cell phone. If I wasn't in a rush I'd have seen the areas I should have cleaned better. This one was in the mail before I noticed. grrrrr

Beautiful work, John. I love the stacked liners look. I've got a four-piece kitchen set on my workbench that is getting bubinga scales. My scales aren't nearly as attractive as yours, but I've really liked working with the bubinga.

Thanks Brandant. This was my first time working Bubinga and I have to say it was interesting. The wood finished out very easily and initially took TruOil like a sponge. However, subsequent coats didn't add to the luster like I was expecting. The TruOil did an outstanding job sealing the surface, but to get that shine I'm used to I had to put on a coat of wax. It could be that my TruOil is getting long in the tooth.

As far as the look of this bubinga, I went with a burl because I never ever see burl for this wood. The straight grained stuff is very pretty, and truth be told, seems to have quite a bit more luster than this burl does.

Back