New shop helper

Awesome! I love dogs! I have 3, and if they don't go to the shop every morning, they think they're being tortured. . If the two older ones had thumbs, they could probably make better knives then I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ed,I have two they are both Leonbergers , Gus the puppy in the pix and Red a 2 1/2 year old female we re-homed from a breeder friend. Red is still not sure I am trust worthy ,loves the wife but is leery of me so we work on it daily.

One of our dogs is a Australian Cattle Dog/ Border Collie mix. We adopted him as a pup from the shelter, and he was super stand-offish, with a "Don't get in my bubble" attitude. Through a lot of training and trust building, he's become our "lover boy".
He's 10 now, and a great "little" guy.

I'm definitely the "alpha" in my pack. My Mrs. gets so angry when she gives any of the dogs a command, and they look at me for the "OK" before they obey. :) All I have to do when they look at me is nod my head, then they'll obey her command....but it makes her crazy. It's always amazed me at how "pack" oriented any dog is..... Cindy says that if I'm not there, they obey her right away..... but if I'm within sight, they look for my approval before obeying.... guess that makes her the "alpha" female. :)

At heart I'm a Labrador guy...... I just love training them, and see them discover/learn all the things they are capable of. Here's a pic of Hammer (the old guy, who's about to hit 14) and Blade (the pup who just hit 1 year)....

When I retired from the military, I really believe that the dogs are what made my transition to civilian life possible.....it was difficult for me to go from supervising 40 people every day, to alone in the shop.....and they are really good listeners. :)

OK....Photobucket went rouge, and now doesn't allow "third party hosting", so I had to switch to ImagePost....... so let's try this one......

OK, just a test of PhotoBucket post. Not sure what the deal is, but it's not giving me any issues. Perhaps it's because I post so seldom? Anyway - I'm liking imgbb.com better..... so far anyway.

Back