Hello from Oklahoma

Hello, yes, I am one of the ones that got interested in knifemaking from watching Forged in Fire. I hope I don't spend all the time and money getting started, and not like it, LOL. I am not usually like that though, when I have in my mind to do something, I usually carry it out. Right now, I'm still gathering all the stuff to make my forge and get some equipment, so I'm as new as a newbie can get. I have been doing tons and tons of reading during my breaks at work, and I'm tired of reading and ready to start hammering. I look forward to meeting you all and learning what I can from you, and hopefully will contribute myself in the future.

Welcome to the pack! You will find all sorts of folks here ... from master smiths to complete noobs like myself. If I may, I would like to give you some advice. The people here are VERY willing to help and are extremely knowledgeable. Listen to them... they know what they're talking about. Start a VERY VERY SIMPLE KNIFE and complete it. Go super slow, and get each detail right before moving on... this is much easier to accomplish on an easy design. You can do this! Just start easy and be meticulous.

PS if you want a life, stop making knives before you start. It is the most addictive hobby on earth. I think it may be too late for you. See you in rehab lol.

Take pics of your work (once you've started) and post them... we love looking at pics. Welcome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, not another Rehab! J/k, I haven't been to any yet. Thanks for your welcome and comments. I will sure listen to your advice!

Check out the Saltfork Craftsman and the Knife Group of Oklahoma. Several blacksmiths and knifemakers not too far away.

Ray Kirk, Billy Helton, Paul Happy, Harry Harkins, and Winner David Mooneyham all are Oklahomians that have been on the show.

Back