Recommend any good YouTube channels?

Hey guys, so I have decided that in my endeavor to become one of the greatest knife makers ever, I should probably utilize every learning tool at my disposal, and that includes YouTube. Im really more of a learn by doing kind of guy rather than learn by watching but I figured I would give it a try. Can you guys recommend some good knifemaking/knifemaker channels that have good tutorial/how to/informative videos?

The channels I've already subscribed to are cartercutlery, Walter sorrels and of course Ed caffreys
Thanks much

Sent from my LG-K330 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I would highly recommend Nick Wheelers you tube videos, you want to be the best learn from one of the best and he does a great job explaining things in easy to follow terms.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I 2nd nick wheeler as well, he is VERY particular when it comes to detail, and that's a good thing.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

I like Walter Sorrels, Gough Custom and Simple Little Life. Walter did a couple simple knives with only hand tools that you might have most of already, Gough had an easy to build jig for hand filing (I am building one as of this writing) and Simple Little Life is just a pleasant guy! I like these 3 guys mainly because they put everything in an easy to understand format, and explain what they are doing as they go. Please understand I just started to do this also so I'm learning something new every time I pick a file or piece of sandpaper up but it is a lot of fun!! I just wish I had more time to do it!!

In addition to those already mentioned, Green Beetle, Alex Steele, Ekim Knives, ABS Webmaster, Jim Skelton for high end reviews, Gavco, Helm Forge, LB Custom knives, plus there's a couple dozen knifedogs on here with channels too.

Some great recommendations thanks for the info. I'm working on an Old Hickory knife right now. Turning it into a kephart

Want to thank OP for this question. After reading Nick Wheelers name a few times I checked out some of his videos. They are GREAT!! I've added him to my subscriptions!!

Back