Computer geek needed for help with makers mark card

Hmm... that's weird. I downloaded the pics, but they seem to be locked? My computer won't let me even see them much less edit them. I've never had this issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm gona offer the same advice I always do to knifemakers who ask about a "mark" or "logo" for their knives. You're doing yourself a disservice if you use anything that does not contain your name. Using a "mark" of "Trinity" just adds one more layer of difficulty in potential customers finding you. First they have to figure out WHICH "Trinity" they are looking for (yes, there are a bunch of them out there), then they have to figure out if you are the "Trinity" knifemaker they are looking for. More often then not, if a potential client can't find you fairly easily, they will just move on to someone else who is.

Just remember, what you might think is "cool", might be doing you more harm then good.

I go along with that.

Your knives would have to be made of gold before I'd track down the meaning of three dots. In fact, with three dots, I wouldn't even recognize it as a maker's mark.

There's only a few reasons to use a maker's mark. Reputation or vanity are the only ones that come to mind right now. Reputation is all about future business, the day after I retired I realized that the Good Reputation that I had bled for, worked for and spent tens of thousands of dollars on was now worthless. (Reputation is also about blame, but that's probably not what you're after.)

So if it's reputation, put something an old man can read on the blade. If it's just vanity, well, do what you want. If your knives are any good and they last, you'll be baffling and annoying people who haven't even been born yet. I'll admit there's a certain amount of attraction to that.

That is a load of hogwash and with the attitudes shown I no longer want any help for those here

Last edited:
Back