Knife 2 - The Malibu Skinner - WIP

Nailed the color "combo" on the scales/liners. Beautiful wood choices! Can't wait to see it finished.

Thanks!! I'm gonna work on it in a couple hours.... prob until daylight lol. It has to be in "customer's" hands Saturday at noon. But I don't really care about that lol... I really just want to see what it looks like when finished too. I'm hoping that the wood cleans up nicely... fingers crossed. Thank you all again for looking and helping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't get the satin wood clean. Any thoughts???

ad5ba2cdd57149f9addb2d2b381be501.jpg

e7fd493339725cd0fd6200079797cd24.jpg

If the wood won't clean, you can sand it again by hand. You have plenty of material thickness- it will be unnoticeable if you remove enough wood to get rid of the stains. Tip: have a clean cotton wheel separate from the ones you put the compound on. Whenever you buff handles, only use the clean cotton wheel.

Great tips! I will certainly try both of these techniques.

If the wood won't clean, you can sand it again by hand. You have plenty of material thickness- it will be unnoticeable if you remove enough wood to get rid of the stains. Tip: have a clean cotton wheel separate from the ones you put the compound on. Whenever you buff handles, only use the clean cotton wheel.

White eraser. It works really well for cleaning light colored woods.
View attachment 61280

Back