Back to Balisong! Need opinions on a new one

b3l14l

Hey peoples,

I use to flip the balisongs when I was younger, like much younger, and have recently found some of my old blades which has made me want to get back into balis. Mine are old and worn out tho so I want to get a new one. I use to buy in the $30-50 range but I want something a bit better now, around the $100 range give or take $20. I have been eyeballing the Bear Ops Song VI and the Bear Ops B-500-ALBK-B but finding any real reviews on these seems to be a bit difficult. The one decently in depth review I found on the B-500 made it seem pretty good except for the thin spine of the blade stinging the hand when flipping. I can't find any reviews on the VI, just promos. Does anyone have either of these? What is your opinions, likes and dislikes? Or is there another bali in the $100 you'd recommend?

Thanks!

How old are you? (Serious)
My son and I are tooling up to make balisong trainers.....aluminum blade/ unsharp. They balance well and so far the younger crowd seem to really like it. If you can wait about 3 weeks we'll give you one free for some feedback.
I have a video clip on this site somewhere...I'll link it when not on my kindle.

Our prototypes are un-anodized....there will be colors to choose from.

[video=youtube;Ghi89Of8NsU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghi89Of8NsU[/video]

Hey peoples,

I use to flip the balisongs when I was younger, like much younger, and have recently found some of my old blades which has made me want to get back into balis. Mine are old and worn out tho so I want to get a new one. I use to buy in the $30-50 range but I want something a bit better now, around the $100 range give or take $20. I have been eyeballing the Bear Ops Song VI and the Bear Ops B-500-ALBK-B but finding any real reviews on these seems to be a bit difficult. The one decently in depth review I found on the B-500 made it seem pretty good except for the thin spine of the blade stinging the hand when flipping. I can't find any reviews on the VI, just promos. Does anyone have either of these? What is your opinions, likes and dislikes? Or is there another bali in the $100 you'd recommend?

Thanks!

I found one on amazon for around 15 to 20 bucks and it works great with some oil at the pivots the pins are covered so they should never come out look up dragon tattoo balisong on amazon it's a bit on the heavy side

Back