Texas Knife Bill Needs Your Immediate Help! CALL RIGHT NOW

Critter

PLEASE STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING, READ THIS, AND CALL RIGHT NOW!

Knife Rights bill to repeal "illegal knives" from Texas statute HB1935 needs your help to get over the finish line.

HB1935 passed the Texas House 131 - 1, was favorably reported out of the Senate Criminal Justice Committee, and recommended for the Senate Local and Uncontested calendar.

By any measure the bill is in good shape to pass, however due to political tensiona unrelated to HB1935 in the Texas legislature things have slowed to a snails pace, and the clock is ticking and will run out at midnight tonight Austin Texas time. So if HB1935 is not heard by Midnight tonight, it is dead!

So just to be sure HB1935 gets a straight up or down vote tonight, we are asking you to STOP WHAT YOU ARE DOING and CALL Texas Lt Governor Dan Patrick RIGHT NOW!

Remember Lt. Governor Patrick likely supports HB1935, but has to prioritize hundreds of bills tonight, so be respectful and simply say to whomever answers: "I am calling to respectfully request the Lt. Governor please bring HB1935 up for a vote as soon as possible, thank you."

You will then likely be shunted to a line to leave a message, which you also need to do there, BUT the important thing is they will be keeping track of the calls on the bill.

Lt. Governor Patrick's number is: 512-463-0001

Since I prefer that folks from other states stay out of Washington's state business, I'll leave it to Texas voters to decide what's best for Texas.

I'm a strong advocate for everyone participating in national politics, and for each state seeing to their own politics. Whichever way this bill goes, it will reflect what the majority of active Texas voters want it to go.

I didn't read into that where Doug was asking anyone from Washington state to call any representatives in Texas.
It seemed to me that Doug was directing this towards any members here who may live in Texas.

Back