Wedding cake knife and server thingy

BossDog

KnifeDogs.com & USAknifemaker.com Owner
Staff member
My daughter is getting married in a couple weeks (Blade Show weekend, but that is OK) so I volunteered to make a wedding cake knife and server. Here is what I came up with. The server thing was way more interesting to make. It is .070" 13c27 cold formed and then ground a bit to clean up the hammer marks. It was then heat treated to stiffen it up.

The blade is CPM154 in .125" thickness. I started with a flat grind half way up to thin it out then convex grind all the way to the spine. It's thin and sharp and took way longer than I thought it would but it came out OK. The pic doesn't show it that well but the blade is mirrored and the server is satin finish.

Picture 1-800.jpg

Attachments

• Picture 1.5-800.jpg
    Picture 1.5-800.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 8
That's awesome because not only did her Dad make it, but it's a real knife and not just a keepsake like the run of the mill cake knives. I wish I'd have gotten a real knife at my wedding, at least me and the wife would have started off with one good knife! (though I'm sure your daughter has no idea what a house with no good knives even looks like.)

Back