Having a little fun with Anodizing

EdCaffreyMS

"The Montana Bladesmith"
These are frames for a couple of Flippers that will be headed to the Blade Show..... did a bit of experimenting, and I like the way everything turned out! :)

I suspect it will be a "love it" or "hate it" thing, depending on who's looking at it! :)

Here they are finished..... with mosaic/410 laminate blades. Photo isn't great, but I'll get good photos before they head off to Atlanta.

Last edited:
I suspect it will be a "love it" or "hate it" thing, depending on who's looking at it! :)

Here they are finished..... with mosaic/410 laminate blades. Photo isn't great, but I'll get good photos before they head off to Atlanta.

You could sell 5 million of these in Baton Rouge. They are beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
even one single thing that you don't kick butt at Ed?

OH YEAH! There are lots of things..... just ask my Mrs! :) Seriously though, there are many things with knifemaking that I struggle with... I think it's just the fact that when I'm up against one (or more) of those things, I spend probably way more time then other folks would, attempting to get it right. An example are those folder frames.... I spent the better part of 2 days experimenting before I figured out how to make the anodizing turn out the way I wanted it to. There are LOTS of knifemakers out there who are far more talented then I am, I just try to make up for it with persistence. :)

Back