Newcomer from NY

webicons

Hello folks - just wanted to introduce myself to the forum. Been dreaming about making a knife ever since I was a wee little lad.

Now married, have kids, running a business, high blood pressure, overweight, I'm finally going to do this now.

Going to start small. Leatherworking is something I picked up recently and I need a decent skiving knife so I'm gonna start there.

Not going to rush into things. I'll take my time over the next few weeks and review past posts, do my research and maybe ask a few questions to you wiser folk.

From the few days I've been lurking on this forum I've gotta say; the work you guys put out is inspiring and amazing.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome! Your health will soon improve my friend. You've come to the right place. These folks are super helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's good to have you here with us. It sounds like you have the right idea of starting slow. Too many of us, myself included, jump in and want to make a museum-quality piece right from the start. A skiving knife sounds like a great first project. Best of luck to you.

Back