Blade Show

Ty Adams

KNIFE MAKER
With Blade only weeks away is anyone else from the forum going? This will be my first time. Meeting other makers is something that I am really looking forward to.

I'll be there as you know. No table this year but I'll be there walking around. It's a lot of fun!

I'll be there! Table 2Q in the ABS section. Looks like I'm gona be tied to the table this year..... I'll be there solo this year. Mrs. isn't going, and the kids moved here to MT a couple of months ago..... So I guess the Blade Show is back to a "Business trip" for me. :)

This will be my first year going to Blade. I will be at Table 23U, stop by, and ask questions and finger print everything.

I'm going for the first time, plan on buying a lot of material and feel it out about maybe getting a table in the future.
I've been told by a lot of people over the years I had to at least go to this show and check it out.

I'm going for the first time, plan on buying a lot of material and feel it out about maybe getting a table in the future.
I've been told by a lot of people over the years I had to at least go to this show and check it out.

Steve,
I've been every year for about 15 years and have had a table for the past 10 years but not this year. It's still a knife show but mostly factory knives and a Preppers circus.

One thing bugging me about driving up there is I got a 6x12 Boyer Shultz surface grinder waiting for me to pick it up just a couple hours north of Atlanta but there's no way I'll have time to pick it up, deliver it west of Tallahassee and get back to Tampa.
It'll still be nice to get out of the Tampa area for a while and blow out the turbo's on the interstate.
And this time I'll be on the other side of the table, so that should make for a much more pleasurable time.

I will be there as well, walking around and soaking up knowledge from the likes of Ed and John. No table this year, but thinking about one for next year. My problem with being a part time maker is getting enough stuff to fill a table.

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

On a side note the guy's that been have going for awhile is there something for your spouse to do when you're busy. I am taking some classes on Friday and don't want my wife hanging out in the hotel doing nothing. She might not want to go back if she gets bored. Hopefully I might run into a few of you and get a chance to talk.

Alan I will stop by your table and dirty up all your stuff.
Ed table noted. Going to stop and talk to you in person for once.

Last edited:
I have three kids under (3 yrs old and under) but maybe I can get the parents to watch them. It would be awesome to meet you guys. If the parents fall through, I guess I could tie one kid to 2Q, one to 23U, and drop baby off at 738. Then the wife and I can enjoy ourselves.

Seriously though, I am going to try to go... I think it would be an awesome trip.

What is a preppers circus???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would also like to know if there's things for the wife to do. She's definitely interested in the knives, but maybe not quite as much as me lol

There will be lots of "different" things at the Blade Show.....but if that sort of thing isn't you're spouse's cup of tea, there is a galleria on floor below the show that has a bunch of shops/stores... eating places, and just across the street from the show is a big mall (if I remember correctly it's call the Cumberland Mall?) The level that the show is on has a "sky bridge" that goes over the highway, and leads right into the Mall parking lot.

Personally, being from Montana, I hate driving while I'm in Atlanta....so if I go anywhere other then the hotel, it's on foot....or somebody else is driving! :)

There will be lots of "different" things at the Blade Show.....but if that sort of thing isn't you're spouse's cup of tea, there is a galleria on floor below the show that has a bunch of shops/stores... eating places, and just across the street from the show is a big mall (if I remember correctly it's call the Cumberland Mall?) The level that the show is on has a "sky bridge" that goes over the highway, and leads right into the Mall parking lot.

Personally, being from Montana, I hate driving while I'm in Atlanta....so if I go anywhere other then the hotel, it's on foot....or somebody else is driving! :)

Cool... thx for the info

I hope I get to meet that "Jess Hoffman" guy, I hear that he is a dead ringer for Brad Pitt, so ladies keep yours eyes peeled.

I hope I get to meet that "Jess Hoffman" guy, I hear that he is a dead ringer for Brad Pitt, so ladies keep yours eyes peeled.
I'll be signing autographs while at the show, but I'll be holding a raffle that will allow you to bid on one of my signatures. I'll only be signing 5 autographs so make sure you get there early and stand in line for hours for your chance to get one. All funds go to my favorite charity, The Jess Hoffman Retirement Fund.

Well, things just got a bit more difficult for me..... broke my left wrist during a softball game..... maybe I can play the sympathy card at the show. :) Now I gotta try to finish what's on the bench with a "bad wheel".....well, on the up side, all the forging and grinding for the show knives is done. :)

I'm jealous Jess! I can't even get an offer for a cup of coffee. :rolleyes:

Back