First ever heat treat

ccolcord5

28c8eaf12c79b958eae6fd14a995977d.jpg

Finally got my small forge and today cut a blank and tried my hand at heat treating. It's 1095 , only 1/8" thick so I'm hoping it's hard all the way through . The file skates right off. Next up, grinding and sanding!

28c8eaf12c79b958eae6fd14a995977d.jpg

Finally got my small forge and today cut a blank and tried my hand at heat treating. It's 1095 , only 1/8" thick so I'm hoping it's hard all the way through . The file skates right off. Next up, grinding and sanding!

Awesome! You will find very knowledgeable folks here who are willing to help. I unfortunately am not one of them. I mean I'm willing to help but don't know anything lol. Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, thanks. Although I already have found many flaws, I'm still very happy with how it's turning out for my first try!

Updates?

I'll have pics posted later this week with the finished project( hopefully ). I haven't had a free moment from my job to work on my knife, but it's all I think about 24/7, lol.

Waiting for epoxy to cure... So close to finished I can taste it!! If only we could add a few hours to each day, lol
ff880447712f57f7d941690ac62ec5e1.jpg

Back