Slipjoint #8

taylormadeknives

My first bolstered slipjoint out of the shop. I'm really pleased with the results. This will be auctioned off this weekend at a benefit auction for the Arkansas Childrens Hospital.

Specs

Taylor Made Knives Slipjoint #8
52100 ball bearing steel
Full flat grind w/satin finish
Mill relieved 410 SS liners
Fileworked liners
Giraffe bone covers
416 SS bolsters and pins
Razor sharp

da412dc6b4302fd4ca7925c4dc3bf8a6.jpg
bfb4e5cfe71300c8a46f1ca69721216d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Very nice I like the finsh on the blade. Great work, did you forge out the blade or did you find 52100 in precision ground stock, or did you surface grind it down to the desired thickness

Another beautiful knife, Chris. How was the giraffe bone to work with? I've been thing about giving it a try.

Very nice I like the finsh on the blade. Great work, did you forge out the blade or did you find 52100 in precision ground stock, or did you surface grind it down to the desired thickness
Thanks Leeco! I didn't forge this one. Although it could be done if you surface ground it after profiling the blade and spring.

This was flat stock that I surface ground

Another beautiful knife, Chris. How was the giraffe bone to work with? I've been thing about giving it a try.
Thanks Brandant! It's a little bit on the brittle side. Similar to mammoth ivory. You'll definitely need to be careful when drilling and cutting. Use new sharp belts when shaping

Nice job. Just going to start my first folder. Just be happy if it works functionally.

Back