Ephoxy Dye

J. Hoffman

Dealer - Purveyor
Epoxy Dye

I'm redoing a handle on a friends Henckel knife. It has the integral bolster and I can't get it perfectly square with the new handle material. I'm putting a piece of .030 black G10 between the bolster and the wood, and I want to use black epoxy to fill the small gaps between the bolster and G10. I know they sell epoxy dye, but I was hoping to find something local that would dye my Acra Glass. Any help is appreciated.

Last edited:
In a pinch you can use tester model paint.... just make sure it's not the alcohol variety. Dry pigment is the best thing to use with acraglas... maybe a store like Michael's, or Hobby Lobby.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hey Ed, I've used India Ink to color epoxy before but was never really sure if it was ok. It seemed fine, but what do you think?

I can't say I've ever tried India Ink, but I do know that I don't like to use any type of liquid to dye Acraglas.... I've not used anything else, beyond testing a few of the newer expoxies in many years, so my insight is mostly with Acraglas. I've had some bad experiences in the past with liquid dye and Acraglas, but have never had any problems when I've used dry pigment (powdered dye).

About a year ago I tried some dry pigment I found on Amazon, and I personally like it better then what I had used for years (the pigments sold by K&G Supply)

Carbon black. It is just simple carbon powder. Art supplies, or you can char some wood, then scrape it off.

Back