A few of my projects

Your off to a good start and are seeing the small oops or newbie booboos.
Here is a oh shoot moment I had. I drilled holes to allow epoxy to flow through the tang to both scales as a bright idea and accidentally drilled a pin hole in the scale.
Live and learn. Save the oops blades for learning from or modify the design and use as a shop knife or give to a responsable cousin or nephew/niece for their first knife. We all know kids will lose or ruin their first knife. Lol
A free and easy way to design a knife is to use a piece of cardboard as a pattern then use a wooden slat or a chunk off a pallet and then cut it and grind it like you would your steel and it will give you a physical idea of how it will look and feel.

When making your blades a simple rule is a min of .25 inches of steel below your index finger to keep from accidentally getting cut while using the knife.
If you have a dremel or a drill press you can create the smaller radius the hf sander is missing.
Keep at it and learn and move forward.
Btw hardened D2 is a serious pain to drill with out a carbide tipped bit and lots of patience and oil.
ad89044c3609a1d93eb582306d1e06b2.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

Thanks! It's funny how each blade gets better and better. That's what keeps me going. Well that and the fact that I've found something that I truly love doing. Btw this is my daughter (3yrs old) this morning. She woke up by herself and started sanding wood. The wife asked her what she was doing... she replied "I'm making knives, mom". How cool is that!!!

409e787011599163449332cc72f104be.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note: by the time I took this pic, I had put a blade in the vise to play with... i.e. All sharp stuff is picked up when I'm not there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back